Although our lease in Canoga Park ends on September 30, our historic commitment to women, men and children living on the margins of society will continue as follows:
- We have developed an agreement with the Southwest California Synod to lease space at Valley Lutheran Church in North Hollywood – also known as La Iglesia Luterana San Pablo, North Hollywood – in order to continue fighting poverty.
- We are seeking a new Area Director for the San Fernando Valley.
- Jan Maseda, former Director of this area, has agreed to assist us during this transition, beginning in October and throughout the fall, if necessary.
- We are in conversations with several congregations throughout the Valley about the possibility of providing case management and emergency services at their locations.
- Our long-range plan is to expand the services we offer, while at the same time moving out closer to the clients we serve.