The COVID-19 pandemic has created a significant surge in the number of vulnerable clients who need emergency services. As one of the few agencies still serving at-risk clients this may seem insurmountable but just like our friends at Giving Tuesday we believe generosity has the power to unite and heal communities.
That’s why Tuesday, May 5th has been designated as #GivingTuesdayNow, a new global day of giving launched as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
For many families, this is just the beginning, together we’ll see them through the end.
- Nearly 50% increase in new clients facing unemployment, furlough or reduction in hours
- 47% decrease in non-perishable food donations & household staples
- 30% increase in suicide prevention & grief counseling services.
- Severe shortage of much-needed PPE-facial coverings, gloves, & hand sanitizers
- 80% decrease in eligible volunteers, as most were seniors with high-risk restrictions
- Suspension of essential high risk services, such as showers, laundry services, clothing closets and community meals
- Pray for the health and safety of our employees, clients and volunteers
- Volunteer at one of our eight emergency services sites
- Prepare Grab n Go lunches or Pre-Cooked Community Meals for 10 or more clients
- Collect in-kind donations of non-perishable food, hygiene kits, paper goods and supplies.
- Donate non-medical facial coverings, Lysol or Clorox cleaning supplies
- Give a financial contribution