LUTHERAN PASTORS’ ASSISTANCE FUND
Ministering to the Ministers of the Gospel
There are times in life that also hit those who serve others hard financially and unexpectedly. A serious health or family issue, a costly repair or emergency can add financial strain to a person who has dedicated their life to the service of others. Here’s how you can get involved:
1) If you are or know a Lutheran Pastor (active or retired) or surviving spouse of a Lutheran Pastor who served in Southern California and who meets the criteria below, then LSSSC may be able to grant a gift of funds to ease the burden.
2) These funds are provided by generous supporters like you. Why not consider making a gift to this fund so it’s there when a pastor you know and support needs help.
We know this can be a sensitive matter, so all requests for assistance will be kept in strictest confidence. Depending on the specific need and availability of funds, such gifts usually ranges from $500 to over $1,000.
Although, Lutheran Social Services of Southern California administers this private fund for a Lutheran couple who have a heart for the work of our parish ministers – others can add to it with a gift of any size.
An individual may be eligible to receive assistance from this fund if he or she is a working or retired Lutheran pastor and meets these criteria:
- Is an ordained Lutheran
- Was called as a Pastor in Southern California at any point to the present or prior to
- Is a surviving spouse of a retired Pastor who met (meets) the above
- Note: we do not fund any type of tuition assistance with this endowment Fund.
Persons receiving government assistances such as housing assistance, Medicaid, or Medi-Cal should verify that an award would not disqualify them from further benefits. All recipients should also contact their tax advisor for any implications the acceptance of such a gift may have on their own financial/tax matters.
If you qualify, please fill out the form below and submit it.
Optionally, you can download the fillable Lutheran Pastor's Assistance Fund Application. After filling out the application save the document and upload it using the form below.