LSS has a legacy of meeting needs . . . of the poor, underserved and powerless regardless of race, creed or orientation. Today we serve more than 30,000 individuals and families providing tangible goods and services such as food pantries & hot meals, clothing, emergency vouchers for hotel, bus, gas and utilities, housing and rental referrals, eviction prevention and prescription assistance, holiday, school or hygiene packs, humanitarian response during times of natural or man-made disasters and other short-term assistance programs.
When possible we engage people with a case-worker who can access longer term resources to address the more systemic and prevailing needs of the individual. Our intent is to embrace people at times of crisis and acute need, extending the compassion of Christ.
LIST OF SERVICES
Please note that all programs/services are NOT available at every LSS location. Please call ahead to verify available services.
Food & Clothing
- Food Pantry – Fresh and non-perishable food in cans/cartons, refrigerated meats, vegetables & dairy products
- Clothing Closet – Clean and sorted clothing by seasons and gender, for men, women and children
- Community Meal Program – Our Community Meal Programs are among our largest volunteer driven programs. Volunteers prepared and served more than 80,000 meals. More than 50 community groups participate in our Meal Programs annually. Purchasing food, preparing, and serving clients.
- Housing Referrals – Contact information for Section 8 and other available subsidized housing
- Motel/Rental Assistance Vouchers – Short term housing for crisis situations / Rent subsidies for specialized individualized cases
- Men’s Homeless Shelter – Case managed 30/60/90 day program open 365 days to men 18 years and older
- Eviction Prevention – Case management intervention to determine available options for eviction prevention
- Probation Counseling – Probation counselors provide behavior, substance abuse, and mental health counseling
Locations: San Bernardino County – Barstow
- Showers & Laundry – Scheduled access to shower facility for case managed clients. Subsidized short-term washer & dryer access
- Utility Assistance – Partial subsidies for shut-off avoidance (paid directly to utility company)