Within the context of more intentional case management, LSS operates over 50 specialized programs, offering resources to people in need. These programs range from aging and disabled supportive services, resources for veterans, transitional and permanent affordable housing, job training and financial literacy, behavioral health services, youth mentoring and academic success, refugee and immigrant services, family services of all types, disaster preparedness and response, and many others.
Each individual experiences their own unique combination of challenges. We attempt to equip them with tools and access to networks of resources to provide help for their family at different points along the continuum of care, enabling them to move toward independence and find encouragement.
LIST OF SERVICES
Please note that all programs/services are NOT available at every LSS location. Please call ahead to verify available services.
Aging & Senior Programs
- Senior Companions – Serves infirmed seniors in the community by pairing them with volunteer companions who can assist with errands and other household tasks, or simply provide conversation and friendship
- Caring Neighbors – Provides minor home care and repair for low income seniors or persons with disabilities
Support & Referral Services
- Referral Services – helps clients gain access to healthcare, food, shelter, childcare and education resources available in their communities. This includes assistance with MediCal insurance applications and CalFresh applications.
- Case Management – Collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s and/or family’s comprehensive mental and/or physical health needs.
- Individual & Family Counseling – A branch of psychotherapy that works with individual, families and couples in intimate relationships to nurture change and development
Locations: Orange County