Within the context of more intentional case management, LSS operates over 50 specialized programs, offering resources to people in need. These programs range from aging and disabled supportive services, resources for veterans, transitional and permanent affordable housing, job training and financial literacy, behavioral health services, youth mentoring and academic success, refugee and immigrant services, family services of all types, disaster preparedness and response, and many others.
Each individual experiences their own unique combination of challenges. We attempt to equip them with tools and access to networks of resources to provide help for their family at different points along the continuum of care, enabling them to move toward independence and find encouragement.
LIST OF SERVICES
Please note that all programs/services are NOT available at every LSS location. Please call ahead to verify available services.
Education & Training
- Services for Adults with Intellectual / Physical Disabilities – Adults with disabilities reach their maximum potential, community access & healthy personal choices. Services to the community from house cleaning & laundry to car washes, shopping assistance or yard clean up. Mentoring that enhances client participation in the community. Fostering community awareness and support for the developmentally disabled.
Locations: San Gabriel Valley / Pasadena
- Recidivism Reduction Program – Provides case management for individuals who have been recently released from prison.
Locations: Ventura County
- Student Assistance Program – In addition to the TRIO/Upward Bound programs, select sites also offer homework assistance and wraparound services with defined planning processes used to build constructive relationships and support networks among students and youth with emotional or behavioral disabilities (EBD) and their families.
Locations: San Bernardino County – Big Bear Lake
- TRIO Programs (Upward Bound and Talent Search) – Federal outreach and student services programs designed to identify and provide services for individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. Our programs are targeted to serve and assist low-income individuals, first-generation college students, and individuals with disabilities to progress through the academic pipeline from middle school to postbaccalaureate programs.
Locations: San Diego County
- Workforce Development Program – Equips men with basic training and general aptitude, as they seek to transition out of the CCLM men’s shelter and into the workplace environment. This program is being launched in three different categories: construction, restaurant employment and pastoral assistance.
Support and Referral Services
- County-Wide Benefits Entitlements Services (CBEST) – In conjunction with the Department of Social Services, provides qualified homeless individuals or veterans with mental and physical health assistance providing applications for the following disability programs:
a. SSI – Supplemental Security Income
b. SSDI – Social Security Disability Income
c. CAPI – Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants
d. VA – Veterans Benefits for all former or active military
e. Disability & Housing Benefits for Homeless and Veterans
Locations: South Bay / Long Beach
- Housing Counseling – Certified HUD sponsored counseling agency providing free or low cost advice on buying a home, renting, default, foreclosure avoidance, credit issues or reverse mortgages.
- Permanent Supportive/Rapid Re-Housing – Combines low-barrier affordable housing, health care, and supportive services to help individuals and families lead more stable lives.
- Payee Representative Services – Provide assistance with money management and financial literacy education.
Locations: All locations